Tuesday, November 23, 2010

FIELD TRIP!

On Friday, some girls from the thrifting and revamping decal and I decided to take a little "field trip" to mission in San Francisco for some thrifting fun (despite the rain!) Even though I'm a bay area native, I don't explore SF nearly as much as I should. When I think of SF I think of Fisherman's Wharf, Powell, Union Square, the beaches, and Chinatown. I never think of the awesome, cool, dare I say hip districts outside of the normal tourist must-see places. That is because I'm lame. So anyways, mission was awesome! I loved EVERYTHING about it! From the ridiculous amount of thrift stores within a 2 minute walk from each other, to the authentic looking mexican food (which we are dearly deprived of in Berkeley, the only mexican food near us is chipotle and la burrita, which I love!), cafes, cute little indie shops, to chic boutiques! Even though I was the only one to come home empty handed, I think I got the most out of the trip! It was fun hanging out with some new people and making some new friends who loves to thrift, yay! I can't wait to go back for round 2 and 3 and perhaps 4!
mission sf tripmission sf tripmission sf tripmission sf tripmission sf tripmission sf tripmission sf trip
mission sf trip
leopard top: buffalo's exchange ($7)
roxy long coat: buffalo's exchange ($25)
dark blue jeggings: old navy ($19)
grey booties: kmart ($20)
chunky white scarf: aeropostale
vintage coach purse: thrifted ($17)
birdcage umbrella: berkeley hats ($15)

It's definitely 6AM right now and I'm currently working on a 125 point essay that's 20% of my final grade that's due at 2:10PM today. WHY DO I ALWAYS DO THIS TO MYSELF? Yes, I received this assignment 6 weeks ago and yes, I could have avoided all of this stress/no sleep/eyelids falling/knee&back ache but I never seem to learn my lesson. It's like I LIKE to inflict self torture onto myself. BLEH GAAAH AHHH BITCHFEST$& ASDFJK; POOP!

19 comments:

  1. good luck on your assignment.

    i love your print dress. gah! i want to go to San Fran!

    http://ohtobeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww your comment made me smile, u're so sweet! :). wish i saw you too! aw & your trip to SF sounds so much fun!! I know being a bay area native, I really don't know that much about great places to shop in SF, besides Westfield haha. And omgosh they had a thrifting decal?! where was I?? haha. hope they have one next semester.

    Ooh and omg I did the same exact thing yesterday! It was due at today too haha, I tend to do that alot, even if it is my 3rd year - still wait to the last minute :p. Lets def plan tho for a Berkeley fashion blogger event ;). I'm planning to join BARE mag next semester along with a friend, you should join!! :)

    <3, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layering going on in your outfit, and your coat looks deliciously warm. I'm glad you're starting to explore the SF area more! I'm hoping that my sister would take me out on more adventures next time I visit her up in Berkeley =)

    - Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww thank you so much for the sweet comment! Hold youre head up for some chrismasgiveaways ig you want one!

    Haha, btw, don't know what it is called myself

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like youve been having fun x

    ReplyDelete
  6. uhh hello.. love the booties. Kmart?? WTF, Europe needs a Target equivalent where I can swoop fashion steals at ridiculous prices. oh and your references to mexi food in SF make me insanely jealous... sounds like the perfect day to me.

    Happy Thanksgiving from Holland!!!!!

    x,
    www.GlocalGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute pics! Nice Outfit!

    From Munich with love
    Angie -> http://munichstylelover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. AH I'M SO JEALOUS. Field trips to SanFran? Um, that's sufficiently AWESOME. Also, I desperately need to making thrifting friends because squealing about Value Village sales to my dog is getting a little embarrassing. Just a little.

    Good luck with your essay writing! The real question is: WHY ONE EARTH ARE YOU BLOGGING?! WHatever, awesome post so your prof should understand... right...?

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the coat!
    and I adore sf so much :)
    stop by sometime, xx natalie
    http://lavagabonddame.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos! Love your blog!

    if you are ever looking for vintage clothing please come and check us out!

    www.avintagelovestory.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous outfit, it looks great!

    XOXO, BECCA
    www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi again lovely!! hey lovely! just letting you know I passed on "The Stylish Blogger" award to you ;). bc you are really so stylish and chic <3. Oohmg, and we take the same class!! haha, wow such a small world. i'm dreading the CUMULATIVE final tho :(. boo for finals week, but yay for winter break coming! hope you're having a fun weekend love!

    <3, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that long coat is fantastic! it looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your lovely comment! Since I realized that I have more and more foreign visitors on my blog I decided to write in German AND English from now on. I hope my english will be good enough!


    From Munich With Love
    Angie -> http://munichstylelover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Leave a comment. I dare you. I double dare you. I triple doggy dare you. HA! I also quadruple doggy dog dare you to follow me as well! (I'll love you forever and evaazz if you do!)