Sunday, November 21, 2010

BLUE AND GOLD TEARS

Yesterday was the Big Game against Stanford. Long story short, we lost. And the big fat raindrops signified how sad the world is about the fact that we lost the game. AXE GONE! (what's the axe you ask? CLICK!) Depressing huh? Yeah, totally. The half time performance totally made up for the fact that the weather was a bitch. The theme was "DANCE!" And the marching band played "Bad Romance," "Break Your Heart," and all these dance evoking music that the crowd ate up! Our band was WAY better than Stanford's, so HA!
CAL vs. STANFORD
CAL vs. STANFORD
CAL vs. STANFORD
CAL vs. STANFORD
CAL vs. STANFORD
Love my school no matter what, repping them blue and gold for life!

On another note, today is my floor's 3 months monthiversary. WE'VE BEEN LIVING TOGETHER FOR A WHOLE 3 MONTHS! Wow, what a feat, that's longer than my longest relationship (Sad, yes, pathetic, eh maybe, do I care? Not in the slightest). It's such a weird feeling. I feel like time flew the fuck by and I can't remember how we even spent it. Yet, looking back we have nothing but funny, hilarious, embarrassing, pathetic, sad, teary, adorable, perfect, imperfect, angry, annoying, giggly, memories together. It's hard to believe that 3 months ago we were nothing but a floor of strangers, scared to make any sorts of mistake that would anger/offend anyone on the floor. But now, it's like we're a family. Of course, we fight, we get mad, we yell, we say things we don't mean, but at the end of the day, I wouldn't want to come back to any other floor. When someone's puking their guts out, everyone bands together to make them feel better. No questions, no judgement, just help. When someone's crying, we're here to comfort them and give them a bunch of shoulders to lean on. When someone's happy, we're here to celebrate and be happy for them. When someone's too drunk to walk home, someone's here to make sure they get the fuck home and into bed. And if someone happen to fall, someone's always there to literally pick them up. It's such an incredible support system above all else. I totally lucked out and have the best floor a girl could possibly ask for. They make CAL a little more bearable (HAHA, GET IT? BEAR-able??!! HAHA!) each and every day. I love my floormates soo much, probably too much. I honestly have no idea what I would do without them.

Halloween 2010.
September 2010: The first month.

8 comments:

  1. omgosh tell me about it. i was so sad, i left too! first half of the fourth quarter lol. but it was super fun doing the card stunts and seeing the band, they are really amazing! <3'ed it when they played gaga haha. aw and you look so cute in your gameday gear ;).

    <3, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute that you and your floor are so tight. Some of the closest friends I have now were from my floor.
    and UGH I don't want to think of that game. It was embarrassing. But, like you, I took solace in the fact that Cal Band >>>>> Stanford Band.

    xo Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a big sportsfan, but i am upset for youre bahaf! Haha..

    Norway is lame.. Really.. It is cold and little :P Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your college shots make me long for my undergraduate days. Live it alllll up! It goes by in a flash (I swear). Maybe one day I'll pop in for one of your games! Any more home games around the corner??

    P.S: I'm holding a giveaway, and you should totally enter!
    http://pancakestacker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet sweet words my friend. first dorm/floor life = priceless memories! live it up.

    oh and YES if you ever study abroad in europe, make a stop in the 'dam and we'll have a beer (or 5) and french fries together :)

    www.glocalgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you look like you have/had a great time on tese pictures.. although you lost..but winning is not everything:D

    xxxHanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. thx soo much for stopping by at my blog :)
    i love your diary like blog here !
    the high socks with the school jumper is really cute !

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Leave a comment. I dare you. I double dare you. I triple doggy dare you. HA! I also quadruple doggy dog dare you to follow me as well! (I'll love you forever and evaazz if you do!)