Sunday, November 28, 2010

POST TURTURKEYKEY

The last four days have been heavenly, scratch that, mashed potatoly (cause mashed potatoes taste like heaven, get it get it? HAHAA!) to say the least. With the endless nights, the restless days, the late mornings, slipperless showers, blasting my car stereo, rocking out, laughing till I can't breath, long ass chit chats, gossiping, fast food run, thrifting, adventures, broken high beams, etc. etc. etc. it was starting to remind us of our summer days. It was tear-inducingly lovely.
It's a weird and surreal feeling being back home with all of my high school BFF4LZZ. We seem to have picked up exactly where we left off as if the last 3 months never even happened. It simply thrills me to no ends. I love having such a close knit group of friends that I know will be there for me no matter what. It's such a great thing to smile about and my mood has been extraordinarily blissful and wonderful. Just three more stressful weeks (FINALS, FINALS, FINALS!) and I'm HOME FREE! I. CAN'T. WAIT!
As these pictures do tell, the glorious Christmas spirit is among us! HIP HIP HORRAY! My friends and I trekked up to SF for the tree lightening ceremony. The city was still buzzing on the black friday high and the cold was not crisp as ice like I had anticipated when we arrived; it was a beautiful night in the city I love so so much. The whole night was filled with laughter, love, awe, and memories. The city was all lit up with beautiful lights and the tree was HUGE! I had no idea that it was an ACTUAL Christmas tree made of real wood and all. I wonder how they got it into Union Square, I would've much rather watched that then the tree lighting. Overall, I went home empty handed but I didn't mind it one bit.
My awesome, amazing, lazy, calorie-filled Thanksgiving vacation is coming to an end, sadly. Being lazy ol' me, I'm trying to delay the inevitable return to CAL by staying home an extra day, mainly so I wouldn't have to leave my couch. It seems as though my butt and my couch have consummated as one. Yup, the couch wined and dined my ass and after several dates (aka hours) they decided to take the plunge and get hitched! So now they're on their hunky dory honeymoon so I have to stay otherwise I'd become a terrible home wrecker. See, totally legit excuse for me to stay home. YEAAH!
grey knitted top: ross ($10)
knitted dusty pink beret/beanie: crossroads ($12)
black jeggings: old navy ($19)
moccasins: minnetoka via crossroads ($15-->$12, yay birthday coupon!)
huge tan scarf: f21 ($10)
grey tweedlike long coat: roxy via buffalo's exchange ($25)

7 comments:

  1. SLIPPERLESS SHOWERS!!! Your face in the last picture is too funny. P. S. I'm native and I've never been to a tree-lighting. FAILURE

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pics - looks like you have been having fun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your pictures! it makes me feel like we have christmas right NOW!
    btw,looks like you had a great time :D

    xxxHanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those Minnetokas!
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I'm following you on Google Friend Connect since I'm super loving the wit that's plastered all over your blog. Haha :))
    If you'd like, I'm hoping you can follow mine, too!
    Keep in touch!

    xx
    Kyla
    http://katrya-kyla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MAAA WEERRRRD. This post makes me SO ecstatic for Christmas. I'm basically one step away from becoming an elf.

    AH, CHRISTMAS/ HOLIDAYS, I CRAVE YEWWW SOOO BAAAD.

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how you arranged this post. all the photos are so great!

    http://ohtobeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Leave a comment. I dare you. I double dare you. I triple doggy dare you. HA! I also quadruple doggy dog dare you to follow me as well! (I'll love you forever and evaazz if you do!)