Friday, February 4, 2011

CENTENNIAL FIESTA, AY AY AY!

Okay, so maybe it's not the celebration of my blog's 100th anniversary but it's my 100th post, can I get a what what?! How do we even commemorate such a special occasion?! Beats me. The last couple months of blogging has been a wonderful experience, thank you all for supporting me and reading my random dribble drabble, I love you all! You guys are epicly amazing and if I could I'd send each and every one of you a rainbow cupcake with sparkly sprinkles on top! But I can't, so, a thank you and I love you will have to suffice!
This was an outfit I wore on Tuesday when the fog casted a drabby bland BLAHH color over our little town. In order to combat such weather, I decided to punch up my wardrobe by throwing on some vibrant in-your-face colors, like Snow White bitten red and Grimace from McDonalds purple (remember him? heh I should definitely become a nailpolish namer, I'm a natural at it!)
Mixing two distincitively different patterns was like a big fatty middle finger to all those silly "fashion rules" out there. Well, let me repeat my sentiment, FUCK YOU! I wear what I like and I like what I wear! (man, I'm supes deep, yo!)
This week has been a busy busy busy one, but in the best sense of the word! I was running around going from class to class from meeting to meeting; and I loved it all. So now, being a member of both BARE Magazine and Caliber Magazine, I feel so accomplished! I'm finally starting to integrate myself into the Berkeley community and it's already shaping up to be a better semester!
Today was BARE's first social with the staff, so we made our ways down to little ol' Cheeseboard to bond over the greatness that is delicious, cheap, pizzay goodness! And was it delicious! It was my first time there and I can't wait to go back already, ahhh the ingredients and preparation and NOM NOM NOM! Sitting in the median right next to a "DO NOT SIT ON MEDIAN" sign, with our pizzas in hand, playing telephone and discussing the future of fashion bloggers and what a deep fryer can deep fry, I had an amazing time with an amazing group of people who were amazingly well-dressed (I LOVE THE WORD AMAZING, SO WHAT?!) I can't wait to start brainstorming up ideas with these people for what is going to be the best issue of BARE yet!
My cankle is so prominent in this photo so I feel obligated to explain. I promise you I don't have permanent canks! A couple weeks ago, I was walking around in SF in 6 inch wedges and I tripped in the middle of Union Square, thus twisting my ankle :( So now I have this huge ass right ankle and my mother even banned me from those shoes, sigh. Double fail, don't judge me!

Again, I just wanted to thank everyone that has ever visited my blog, read my blog, commented on my blog, and followed my blog; you are all...well...AMAZING! Here's to another 100 posts, I love you lovelies :)

15 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love the dueling patterns and the shoes are super cute. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVEEEEEE that outfit and those shoes are the cutest thing!
    Please check out my blog and follow me!
    http://vi-vant.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS ANISA! It was really nice running into you the other day! That printed bustier/corset/whateverthing is super fun, ESPECIALLY with the fuck-you print mixing. Hope that ankle swelling dies down soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww big congrats girl!!! wow 100 posts, aahmazing. and aw sadly i couldn't make it to the first social :(, I know this sounds cheesy but my boyfriend and I have made it a tradition to always celebrate our month-sary lol. today was that day :P. Anywhoo, so glad you had fun! catch me up on what happened next week ;). Aand, I adore the colors of this outfit, no worries girl about the 6 inch heels, you're not alone..the foxy's I have..I almost had a bad accident in them too. But..in the name of Jeffrey Campbell's greatness, I guess I'd take that risk? lol. hope you're having a lovely weekend girly! relax & enjoy these days of no classes (and morning classes for that matter) ;).

    <3, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so adorable! I LOVE the mixing prints:) So fun!! good gracious 6 inches! I would have twisted my ankle as well, so don't feel bad!

    It, is funny that you say I look like Maggie G. because when I uploaded the first picture in my most recent post, I thought, "WOW, I really look like her in this picture!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats fooo! looks like youre getting the hang of self-timer too. GO OWN THE WORLD LOVE <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats the big 100 and i really like the mix of prints : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the prints together, they're perfect! so sorry about your ankle, hope it gets better ASAP! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy 100th post! i love the print combination :)

    xx
    heyrocketgirl

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy 100th post! In love with ur look combo <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing prints combo!
    congratulations for the 100th post
    hoping for more hundreds post to come!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on your 100th post! i loooooove your top. it is sooo cute. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice outfit and so lovely photos!And congrats for your 100 posts dear,wish you much more to come!

    http://nothinglikefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love how you mixed the prints. and yes the essie is a deep, dark chocolatey purple. its a great colour!

    Isabel @ Walk of Fashion

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Leave a comment. I dare you. I double dare you. I triple doggy dare you. HA! I also quadruple doggy dog dare you to follow me as well! (I'll love you forever and evaazz if you do!)