Monday, January 31, 2011

DOUBLING UP

My roommate Joana walks in while I'm changing (and shirtless) and exclaims, "ANISA, WHAT ARE YOU FREAKIN' WEARING?!?!" ..."What? My skirt's too short...so I doubled up!" It's actually quite a sad story, and now I'm going to tell you. I bought the gray bow skirt on my trip to Taiwan this summer and, at the time, it fit perfectly. It was a bit short I'll admit but my mom made me buy it (her philosophy "if you have it, flaunt it! you're only young once and this body won't last forever!") so I did. I forgot about the skirt completely until last Friday during my usual morning closet rummage. So I slip it on and what do I know? It refuses to simply cover my booty, it barely covered much of anything. Running out of time, and patience, I quickly scattered around and pulled on my party skirt. Never did I think I'd be wearing this to a full day of classes but WHATEVZ!
Why is it that I'm always in the mood to wear something leggy when it's cloudy and freakin' freezing out?! It's like this innate desire I have to torture my body temperature. On Friday afternoon, I took a little trip back home for my family's Chinese New Year dinner. It was supes fun to hang out with my baby cousins and be all merry and jolly with my familia! (the red envelopes filled with cash didn't hurt either, hehe!)
I just realized how many articles of clothing I put on each day. As I was doing laundry with my floormate, I realize that I had more clothes than she did, and I was only doing one weeks worth of laundry while she was doing two. WHATTHEEFF!? I didn't realize how many pieces of clothing I actually put on everyday, which only matters because I despise doing laundry AND folding AND putting them all way, BUMMER!
P.S. I am now officially a member of the BARE staff! I can't wait to start planning, photoshootin', and blogging for such an amazing magazine! Good thing I decided to get off my lazy butt and make something out of my last semester as a little wittle freshmen (I actually like being a freshmen, weird!) Here's hoping to an amazingly productive semester filled with wonderful memories and red velvet cupcakes and unicorns galore! Got a little carried away there...or not (I WANT TO SEE A UNICORN! I BELIEVE, I DO I DO!)
off the shoulder tan top: roomie's (f21)
gray bow skirt: taiwan ($10)
sparkly gold skirt: f21 ($15)
thigh high socks: f21 ($4)
leather crop jacket: h&m ($30)
dreamcatcher necklace: f21 ($6)
bow flats: taiwan ($10)

21 comments:

  1. Hahahaha. Your mom sounds WAY TOO ADORABLE. Most 'rents are all, "Cover up young lady." So yay for flaunting what you got! Also, that skirt(s) is(are) FANTASTIC, so hollaaa @ Momma knows best!

    And AMEN FOR CHINESE NEW YEARS. It's really pathetic, but Red Bags are really my source of income. Ah. That's really pathetic now that that's in writing. I mean, no. No, that was a joke. A hilarious joke...

    And layering FTW. Though I'm so jealous that you can endure bare legs at this time of the year. AH THE WEATHER IS RIDICULOUS OVER HEREEEE.

    P.S. Do your friends know about your blog? Just curious!

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would've freezed my balls off, it looks cold as shit O_O and that skirt be scandalous on its own haha glad you kept it classy and put something underneath ;P told you this is going to be a classy ass year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your skirt and top. i looove drapey tops. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i freakin love that sparkly skirt. you really did pull off such a cute outfit.
    congrats on BARE! so excited to have more fashion bloggers join our team.

    http://acaliforniadreamer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL your blog is soo cute! i am definitely going to be following. some of my best friends go to berkeley! i wonder if u know them!!!

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. first of all, LOVE your blog! second, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! third, doubling the skirts?! what a concept, i've never thought to do that, you totally pull it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw you're too cute girl! omg, we're so alike, AGREED.. i loove wearing less clothing (haha sounds awkward) DESPITE the cold weather outside. i just wish I always lived in warm/hot weather so that I don't have to pack on the layers, well maybe I'm just getting tired of the cold of winter haha. And, YAYY, i'm super happy we're in the same team! this is gonna be so much fun ;). see you tomorrow at the meeting!! and sadly, i derno where it is yet haha, but I think they'll send out an email soon.

    See you sooon girly! And i soo agree with you on laundry, it's my pet peeve forsure. :p

    <3, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved her look! super perfect * o *
    Haa! and on the banner, I did not, I found in the donation of pictures *-*

    http://mesaprivada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute outfit, I love the bow ballet flats. Thanks for your lovely comment.

    http://loveisdeer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love ur look! its not weird at all =D happy CNY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you've combined the two skirts- it totally looks like it's meant to be! Way to be creative :)

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, that's so funny about the skirt. I actually like how you layered it though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on getting into BARE! So did I: the Creative & PR Team. So I guess i'll be seeing you around more often ;)

    And I should totally take you up on doubling up skirts - there are def skirts that used to fit me but no longer do. Sigh. I hate growing horizontally

    xo Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look gorgeous, definite mermaid (ish, y, ies). I love your socks and your necklace is so chic

    thank you for the kind comments on my blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. We really loved your skirt :P

    Claire & Vasia
    www.fashionhasit.com

    P.S: We follow you :P :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely outfit!

    xoxo

    www.afashionhouseofcards.blogspot.com
    There is a new post online, come and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow nice outfit!Especially liked your skirt and your ballerinas!

    http://nothinglikefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha, no my friends don't know about my blog. Nor my parents or family. Basically only my sister. And maybe my dog. (She's on the couch creeping over my shoulder right now).

    Teeeheeee.

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet skirt and necklace! they're awesome!

    www.themoptop.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Leave a comment. I dare you. I double dare you. I triple doggy dare you. HA! I also quadruple doggy dog dare you to follow me as well! (I'll love you forever and evaazz if you do!)