Wednesday, February 9, 2011

CLOWNING AROUND

The weather is no longer beautiful. IT'S FREAKING COLD HURR, BRR! The last two days or so have been windy as craploids, I swear if I was carrying enough balloons (like a thousand) I'd totally fly away (Should've tried that, drats!) I miss the nice purty weather already, sigh, I guess it's starting to feel like REAL Berkeley weather (aww, pooey).
My lovely mood ran away with the sunshine which left me bummy and grumpy. Yesterday couldn't have gone worse; falling asleep in 2 out of 3 classes despite sleeping a full 5 hours the night before (that's a lot for me!), forgetting my BARE event's meeting location and waiting awkwardly for 10 whole minutes before running up the street to Cafe Strada, losing my dorm key on the way back to my dorm which costs $50 to replace (my closet is crying at the loss of a friend they never knew), my phone decides that it wants to be funny and black out whenever it wants, having 50+ pages of reading to do before 8AM today, and staying up until 4AM to only finish 1/4 of my reading . To sum it all up, it was a shit day. OH WELL, LIFE GOES ON.

Despite what the title may imply, I absolutely detest clowns. They're way more frightening than entertaining. But the mixture of plaid and POW red polka dots just screamed "BOZO THE CLOWN!" to me, in a tasteful way (right?) Wore this outfit for a day trip my floormates and I went on a while ago to do a little RRR at Emeryville. I did get a lot of stares that day...I honestly can't tell if it was a good or bad sign. I'll just assume it's because I looked like a modern clown, and clowns are pretty much like train wrecks; disturbing yet you just can't seem to look away.
It seems as if the question on every student's mind (or just Berkeley students) is whether or not to stay here over the summer. To take summer school or not, that is the question. I, myself, am in this dilemma and I wish I wasn't. Summer+school=ultimate fail. Oh gosh, I don't even know if I can handle it because I'm already a terrible student during the regular school year. I mean I'm currently sitting in my Children's Literature lecture and finishing up my blog post, oopsies! But it's okay because we're watching clips of different Peter Pan movies, sweet! Ahh, childhood how I've missed thee! Well, Peter Pan is kind of creepy to be honest. We were discussing the obvious sexual tension between Peter and Wendy in the most recent remake of the Peter Pan movie, UHHHHH....awkward much?!
sashimi plaidy tweedy blazer: thrifted ($1)
ra-ra-red polka dotted button up: gap via thrift store ($3)
levis cutoff: buffalos exchange ($7)
thigh high socks: f21 ($5)
pearls: collected from all over the place
vintage leather belt: thrifted ($5)
bow flats: taiwan

16 comments:

  1. Love this! I'm extremely jealous of your shorts! They look great.

    www.themoptop.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is dope! I really dig the shirt. I'm kinda convinced that polka dots look great in almost every situation, ahah!
    Although I haven't seen the new Peter Pan, that just seems weird. Hella hella awkward! I hope that your day got better though!
    --Ciara :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your polka shirt and the shorts!
    thanks for dropping by to my blog.i'm following you, follow back? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful jeans!!!

    www.thesinuouselegance.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. those denim cut offs are HOTT !
    love them !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh like so much how you've matched the jacket with the shirt and the pearls,looks super pretty!And thank you for your sweet comment on my blog darling!

    http://nothinglikefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loove your polka dot shirt. You look so cute and eclectic ;) And I was at first bleh about taking summer school, but after spending summer here (away from the parentals, and Berkeley summers are surprisingly okay), I loved it and am probably going to stay during this summer too!

    I hope you have a good weekend, girl!

    xo Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute!! and u don't look like a clown at all hehe :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous look! I'm sooo totally into thigh high socks... Love it!

    And thank you sooo much for stopping by and leaving your sweet and lovely comment! It made me really happy!

    *From Munich With Love*
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  10. you don't look at all grumpy and moody in these photos which is of course a good thing! and wow 5 hours of sleep, congrats on that :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those shorts are gorgeous, no way were they only $7!!

    I've been featured on CKMS's Feature Friday with you, love your blog!

    www.blahblahbecky.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello laugh slut! blazerwhore here. it seems we've been featured together...but you know that now!! love your shorts and your name. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love your oxfords. i have yet to find the perfect pair for myself. it looks like you had a great weekend. cute pix! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tweed! Love it!

    http://throughmyaiz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Leave a comment. I dare you. I double dare you. I triple doggy dare you. HA! I also quadruple doggy dog dare you to follow me as well! (I'll love you forever and evaazz if you do!)