Thursday, April 21, 2011

BORN THIS WAY

So, after much contemplation and reading through all your lovely feedback, I can't bear to part with The Laugh Slut. Honestly, I was thinking about going a little more fashion-y and a little less lifestyle-y, but, I love telling all you lovers about my whereabouts and my life happenings, it's almost like, and I've said this many many times before, we're BFFs and I just want to spill my guts to you! It's fun for me and it's fun for you (more so fun for me)! The pish posh fancy smancy fashionesque blog name can wait, I'm simply not ready. Really, it's totally me, not you! Yes, The Laugh Slut is a little immature and sometimes borderline embarrassing to say out loud, but that also pretty much sums up my personality. It's fun, out there, weird, attention-grabbing, and obnoxious, hmm sounds about right to me! I'm learning to embrace this...oh who am I kidding, I love it, I live for it, BABY I WAS BORN THIS WAY, YEAH LADY GAGA, YOU PREACH!
Thank you all for your loving support and sorry for the long absence! School is keeping me so preoccupied, there is just so much to do every, single day, bleh! And if I'm not doing work, I'm either writing my articles for Caliber Magazine or working on the BARE Launch Party, or face planting on my bed because I was just too tired to simply sleep in a normal position like a normal person. But, as we all know (and love...right?) I'm anything but normal. Last night, at my friend's birthday dinner, I was kidding around about me being normal...and everyone bursted out into laughter...so....sigh. But anyways! life has been all over the place! Busy, but happy to be busy, I'm loving life!

So many AMAZING opportunities have been thrusted upon me, and I'm so stoked for it all! It's amazing to just see what CAN happen, fingers crossed that they actually WILL happen! Keeping a tight lip on it for now, if everything goes according to plan THEN I'll let you guys in on the news!
These boots are my life. They were shipped to me about two weeks ago and they have been on my feet ever since. Even though they gave me blistering blisters and have absolutely no arch support, not like I need much, or any, considering that I'm flat footed like a duck, I LOVE THEM TO PIECES AND PIECES! The fact that they were originally $160 and I snagged them for $30 (including shipping and tax) makes my inner (and outer) asian glee with joy! Gosh I love a good deal, it really gets the blood in my body flowing, I even start to glow! It's basically like pregnancy minus the weight gain, the food cravings, the morning sickness, the bloating, and the baby.
olive military jacket: f21 ($25)
cheetah collared top: buffalos exchange ($8)
zipper leggings: f21 ($5)
dreamcatcher necklace: f21 ($6)
steve madden boots: macys ($160-->$60-->$30!)
men trouser socks: dollar store, holla! ($1)

15 comments:

  1. i love your blog just the way it is!! ur so funny and ur writing is fantastic. don't change it! ehhehehe :)

    xooxoxoox

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! :D
    And wow, i really love this outfit! Im in love with the top! :)

    http://wannadecodeme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. you would snag that deal! luckyy they're super cute! and you better text me about these opportunities hoebag!!! hahaha i was just thinking yesterday about how you never update too :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me tell you!, don't u dare in changing anything!.
    I think that a blog has to be something very much like the owner, so don't try to change it into something else, just keep it like you are, and if you feel you changed then by all means do it, but not just because.
    Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AW YEAHHH. I luuuhv (cool spelling? UH HUH.) "The Laugh Slut," so I'm happy you're a keepin'. I'm pretty sure one of my first comments EVER on your blog was along the lines of, "OH MY GOD AHHAHAHH I LOVE YOUR BLOG'S NAME."

    Or something.

    And I was probably HAHAHHA-ing in real life. Because it just has that POWER.

    Also, those shoes are INCREDIBLE. They look so comfortable. And awesome. I love the plaid detailing. Plaid always reminds me hot Scottish boys so, you know, obviously a good thing.

    AND isn't that the BEST feeling EVER? When you're so busy. But it's actually with stuff you LIKE. So you're really optomistic and happy and all that jazz? Yeah. I'm excited for ya - can't wait to see the goods! :)

    Thanks a billion for your comment - YOUR comments always make smile! (And your posts too, of course).

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Can you please do a vlog? I feel like you're very vlogable! (? made up term - I ROCK.)

    I dare you. I double dare you. I tripple doggy dare you. HA!

    (See what I did there? I obviously deserve a vlog.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, so happy you're back! I agree with Natalie- you are one funny lady and I love your posts just the way they are! Love the dreamcatcher necklace and that's such a sweet deal on the boots! And I second Lexy- I would love to see a vlog too! :D

    star-crossed smile

    P.S. Can't wait to hear about your exciting news, crossing my fingers too for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never change! I love your blog just the way it is :) It's so different compared to other blogs and that's what makes it interesting and refreshing x x

    P.S your pregnancy comment is the BEST! Made me laugh out loud so much! :)

    http://angel-in-this-dress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. ♥ Love your blog so much.)) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I freaking LOVE THOSE BOOTS! Seriously. Such a great deal, too. And I'm glad you're keeping your blog title- you'll always be a laughing slut to me (bhahah I'm jk. But I do love your title!)

    I know what you mean about school work and other responsibilities building up - even blogging is becoming hard work, and it's so easy to push it to the side.

    xo Sherrie
    Closet Hound

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw i LOOVE your outfit as always Anisa love ;). and your boots, omgg i want some!! share yes? haha. and omg i cant wait to see you soon girl!! pleease lets hang soon k? :) of course at the launch party!! i hope you're having a lovely easter girl! go find those eggs and get some candy!! haha :)

    <3, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gawd i love that jacket and your boots! i'm wearing a pair of brown boots in my latest post but yours totally trumps mine! i love how roughed they are and can fold over, exposing the flannel pattern. very jelly girL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. those boots are soo cool! i love the plaid inside

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the jacket, def need something like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. in love with the dream catcher necklace!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Leave a comment. I dare you. I double dare you. I triple doggy dare you. HA! I also quadruple doggy dog dare you to follow me as well! (I'll love you forever and evaazz if you do!)