Wednesday, April 6, 2011

SEA OF COTTON

Wow it's been a loooonnng time. I promise I didn't forget about you lovelies, quite the contrary. I actually feel guilty for not updating, like you guys are my BFFs and I'm keeping you out of the loop. But I'm not, I swear I'm not, I just haven't found the right words to string into sentences with the right punctuation at the end (shout out to hello goodbye!) I've been kind of in a rut; with both fashion and life. I'm soooo utterly confused as to where my life is headed right now. With my disinterest in my classes, I'm starting to question my major...yet again. Sighhhhh, give me a sign, please I beg of thee! SOMEONE, ANYONE, I N S P I R E M E, INSPIRE THE CRAP OUT OF ME!
On a more pleasant note, the weather has been ridiculously amazing. My favorite part of the day is my sun-soaked hazy dazy hour long lunch where I get to enjoy the sunlight and listen to my ipod while tuning out the world. It's lush, just lush. It's calming, peaceful and relaxing; just the pick me up I need after my stats lab, bleh!
Now onto a funny note, way back in December when I had my 20 minute orgasm at the Triple Ho Show with Enrique Iglesias, I was actually interviewed, more like ambushed, by a NYTimes Magazine journalist who's writing a piece on one of the performers, Miranda Cosgrove. Well, to sum it up, I sound like a complete and utter bitch. And not only that, but I sound like a complete and utter bitch that's incredibly obsessed with Enrique. Oy. Oh well, I only said the truth, if that makes me bitchy than call me Bitchy McBitchface then! If you're interested, you can read all about my manic rant HERE (or skip to page 5).
Look at me! I'm in a maxi! Crazy right? I look so incredible short in these shots, like I'm swimming in a sea of cotton, but I swear I look at least a couple millimeters taller in person! While the weather is heating up, the wind doesn't stop a-blowing here in Berkeley, ever. So I felt like this was a good way to balance it out (and because my jeans are judging my muffin top...which makes me want to eat muffins...I want muffin now). But, it's okay because I'd rather be in this weather than the Sahara Desert! HA! or the Antarctic!
Sorry to cut this short, we'll have a recap sess soon, pinky promise! Got to run off to finalize a couple details for BARE'S DIY EVENT + TRUNK SHOW that is happening this Friday! If you're from the bay, PLEASE stop by! It's going to be AMAZING! And I'll get to see all your pretty faces as well, what a double win!
Dig my messy messy ridiculously messy room? Yeah, neither do I. BUT, to give myself some credit, I did manage to clean my room AFTER I took these pictures. So HA, I'm not THAT bad...okay I am but taking 10 minutes to find my shower shoes at 7AM is NOT OKAY. NO.
sweater: f21 ($20)
maxi dress: f21 ($13)
bow belt: taiwan
brown wedges: tj maxx ($20)

9 comments:

  1. WELL THEN BITCHY MCBITCHFACE. What we had? PFT ITS DONE.

    lolzjokez. I kid. I kid. Really. I kid. This post made me giggle a lot and so did that article (I fast-forwarded it to your debut). I think you sound just dandy. And I love how the reporter analyses your EVERY word. Cuhrazy. I also love how the describe your outfit, tehe.

    You look adorbzzz by the way. I love the maxi. Yum yum, sea of cotton!

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOUT TIME YOU HOEEE!! hahaha and i think you look quite tall :) and your ass is huge in the second pic. hahahahahaa <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. we misssed you Anisa!! but you look lovely as always girl ;) and aww, sorry to hear about your classes, hm, maybe you're taking the wrong ones? haha. aww oh no, i'll try and make Psych more interesting for you! :P it's such a fun major tho, which one are you planning on moving to?? newhoo, can't wait to see ya at the Trunk Show this Friday! i'll be there at 3, text/call me when you are love ;). & hope you have a good rest of your week!

    <3, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you back :) And as always, you brought a little smile and entertainment to me this bright and sunny Amsterdam-ey morning!! Hey, I'll be in SF in June visiting - would be so cool to grab a cup of coffee or something?

    Big hug,
    Jeanelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll probably be at the DIY Show. But I'm not sure as of yet. They asked FAST designers to come and participate, but I was really lazy.. but knowing you'll be there is further incentive for me to go ;) And I love how your personality just erupts from your blog. It is super cute and funny. I agree - maxi-skirts are great for Berkeley's sunny-but-still-pretty-f'in-windy weather. And don't worry! I went thru the same "WTF am i doing in school" kind of mood w/ school and classes too. It never goes away, but you learn to live with it, like Berkeley's homeless population.

    xo Sherrie
    Closet Hound

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god, you are a bit crazy right?, hehe just kidding, love reading you!.
    I can relate with you about being in that moment of your live, so existential, I just wish there was an oracle or someone with the answers, but then where is the fun in that!.
    By the way love your maxi skirt, don't disappear like that!.
    Besos!:
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. you do not look short girl! SERIOUSLY missed my dose of laughter while you were gone ;) love this outfit and have fun with Kathleen + errbody else at the bare event!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sweater! Glad you're back and that event for bare sounds soo fun- I wish I were in the area!! :)

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the outfit, you look very gorgeous in it! :)

    What about following each other?
    I'm waiting for you on my blog :)
    I'll return the favor of course!

    http://wannadecodeme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Leave a comment. I dare you. I double dare you. I triple doggy dare you. HA! I also quadruple doggy dog dare you to follow me as well! (I'll love you forever and evaazz if you do!)