Friday, March 18, 2011

RUT

It is pouring. Down right, pouring like it's cats and dogs out. IT IS THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING BREAK! This is absolutely, positively, a-NOT okay. Sigh, oh Berkeley, how you love to torture us, even when the campanile stops ringing (HAHA, like a high school bell...get it? Okay, fine, I'll stop). After an awkward encountering with my professor as I ditched class (I ran into him as he walked in...awwwk), I successfully avoided all my Friday classes so I can get a jumpstart on DESTINATION SDSU! WOOT! A couple of friends and I are road tripping it down to SDSU for the weekend to live it up, escape from the rain, and party hard! Ohhh and to visit a couple of good high school peeps, YO!
Thank goodness it's finally spring break, 9 days of happiness here I come! Cal is definitely burning me out, phew! It's a lot more draining than I imagined, but it's a good kind of draining...well, ish. Now if only this stupid rain would go, go, gooo away so I can enjoy my break and ignore my work! Please!
This upcoming week includes a lot of bumming around in my panda! sweatshirt and yoga pants...so really, it's not that different than what I do here at Cal...my life is sad. I know.
Last Wednesday, I met up with Kathleen of Inspirafashion and Deanna from A California Dreamer at the Sway Spring Fashion Show. It was a fun filled night full of bite sized food, pretty flowy clothes, cuties (WAIT, WUT?!), and beauties! Even though I had to hurry my boot from a BARE Events meeting and scarf down a quick snappy dinner to make the event, and had forgotten Finley (my Nikon) and money (RIGHT, RIGHT!?!?), yet I still had a jolly good time with my fellow Berkeley bloggers!

The weather's been making me feel supes bummy and my brain refuses to put together any feasible outfits, so I've been living in my leggings and nothing else. I'm in a fashion rut, somebody pull me out?
white lace top: thrifted
brown "vain" tank: hand me down
leggings: charlotte russe
rain boots: target ($30)
gray cable knit cardigan: old navy ($10)
own necklace: taiwan
awkward hand positions: ME, ME, ME, ALL ME!

P.S. CSN giveaway winner in the next update! Sorry loves I'm completely lackin' on my blogging duties!

P.P.S. Love you all and thanks for the constant support :)

16 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! Enjoy your break :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so cute! i love this :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're SOO adorbs Anisa! i love your outfit here! and those rainboots are so chic! i need some new ones forsure!! aand tell me about it, i always feel strange dressing up for this kinda weather, always puts me in a weird place haha. haate it. i want some SUN. and omg it was like HAILING a few hours ago, cray cray. Anyways, i hope you have an amazing break girly! see ya SOOOOON! ;) PS. I love leggings tho! it's quick easy and COMFY haha. lets go get stylish leggings yea ? ;).

    <3, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely outfit!
    oh and the rain boots are adorable, it is veryyy hard to find one in singapore
    i follow you blog as well :)


    have a great weekend
    xoxo
    little miss fhenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always in a fashion rut when it's raining. It sucks. I hate the rain. All I want to do is live in my bed. And I'm glad the Sway Fash show was fun!! I'll be in SD this Spring Break too, visiting my sister at UCSD. But shoooot I heard it was raining thru out socal next week as well. I hate you, rain!!

    xo Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA about your run in with your professor...ha that made me laugh :) I love your cute cute outfit though, that sweater looks AMAZINGLY comfy!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that color palette! plus that cardigan is so cute! it was great meeting you at the sway show. thanks for the shout out here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just saw that you made it back to Norcal safely- yay! Hope your spring break was relaxing/rejuvenating! :)

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rain sucks!!! I like how it barely rained during the quarter and now that its spring break it rained :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. The owl captures our attention right away! We gotta go on a hunt for one soon! ;)


    Cheers, B & Liv
    www.blivbook.blogspot.com
    B L I V B O O K: darling&diva ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are too cute.. even in a fashion rut. Hope that rain is clearing! It's sunny skies in Amsterdam, for once ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great blog!!
    check out my blog www.fashiontnt.com
    follow if you like it, I follow back always!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have shoes that look like that...you're so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These photos of you are just too cute! I love your top and your houndstooth wellies- just adorable! Hope you had a fabulous spring break :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  15. On the upside of all the rain, you get to wear those adorable boots! Love the outfit!
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Leave a comment. I dare you. I double dare you. I triple doggy dare you. HA! I also quadruple doggy dog dare you to follow me as well! (I'll love you forever and evaazz if you do!)