Tuesday, December 21, 2010

LETS SCARF

Wooooooot for winter break! For the past four days I've been in an indefinite insomniac zone; bed at 6AM, wake up at 2PM. Hmmm, problem? NOPE! That's how winter break should be spent, duh! It's been amazing catching up with old friends, make plans with new friends, and eating delicious home cooked comida! Even though it's been literally heaven, I slightly miss CAL already (shhh, don't tell anyone because I'll shamelessly deny it!) I loved having all my friends just a couple doors down instead of having to drive 20 minutes to see anyone. But still, I'm making the most of my month off. I'm hoping for a little road trip to...let's say SOCAL? Since the quarter system kids are back in school in a week and a half, my semester friends and I thought it would be epic to road trip down to san louis obispo, LA, and SD to visit our friends and do a little sight seeing (beach seeing more like!). YEAH YEAH? FUCK YEAH! My dearest mommy even OKAY-ed the whole shingding! Ahhh, this better happen! Fingers crossed!
Tired of Cafe 3, the roomie and I ventured off to Cafe Durant for brunch. Delicious, relatively cheap, and CAL-ed out, I think I can get used to this place! What makes it even better is that there's seating outside on the balcony, and you know what that means...it's perfect for stalking the people passing by! My favorite game!
I wore the outfit to my family celebration at Dragon 2000 in Walnut Creek. My baby cousin Kyle is already a month old, how precious! It sucks being away at college because I've only seen him twice since he was born and he's growing up so fast! Pretty soon his family is moving to China and I'll rarely get to see him. Sad. But anyways, it was nice seeing everyone again but I had to dip out early because it was my bestie Maria's 19th birthday! GOLLY GEE!
So dearly sorry about these terrible pictures, the combination of rain+darkness+impatient brother=fail fail fail and...wait for it...FAIL!
black scooopneck top: mother's closet
large scarf: thrifted ($2)
black jeggings: old navy ($19)
grey sweater: old navy ($8)
brown bowed boots: taiwan ($50)
vintage coach bag thrifted: ($15)
vintage belt: thrifted ($4)
earrings: gifted from somewhere online

It's almost Christmas! Yay! I love everything about this holiday; from the twinkling lights, to the decorated delicious smelling tree, to the ornaments that bring forth memories, to the belly busting food, to the beautifully wrapped presents. What I love beyond all else is the spirit of Christmas. The spirit brings smiles to children, adults, and elders all the same. It's such a beautiful thing.

P.S. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT WATCH HUMAN CENTIPEDE! Curious and bored, I thought the movie would provide some sort of entertainment because it slightly reminded me of the Saw series (which I love!) But no, it is not like that AT ALL. There is absolutely no plot or point to the movie at all, I watched all 94 minutes and all I saw were human lips being sewed to the assholes of one another, yeah, you heard right, lips to ass. It's seriously that disturbing. What a waste of a hour and a half of my life, I would have much rather spent that time staring at a blank white white wall.

Christmas is in 4 days, what's on YOUR wish list?

7 comments:

  1. have fun on the road trip. it sounds great! and i love the belted scarf. that's an awesome look.

    at one point i thought about watching the human centipede but i didn't think i'd be able to stomach it....so yeah.

    http://ohtobeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love your huge Human Centipede PSA. I've heard about that movie a while back, and saw the trailer and have since refused to watch it. That's some disgustingness that I don't want to witness.

    And good god, I love how you wear that scarf. And only $2?! KSDFL;ALJFD I'm jealous.

    xo Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with everyone else, love love love the belted scarf! really cute, and a nice way to switch it up instead of just wrapping it around your neck : )

    and i've never watched human centipede. never will, you can be sure of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE how you are wearnig that scarf!! super chic. yay for winter break! i will be making a wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewww okay noted, I'll never watch that movie! I hate scary movies...

    Anyway, sounds like you have a great holiday trip planned! Let me know if you head down to Socal, I can give you some amazzzzinnng (cheapy) foodie places to try out!

    Happy Holidays!
    xx
    www.GlocalGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww you're too pretty girl :). Merry Christmas Eve Anisa!! i hope you have a fun one :). and what a lovely outfit, i love the layering :). hope you're enjoying your break too girl! i got my grade from IB, and took a breath of relief, I got a B! :) what'd you get?? Newhoo, enjoy your break lovely and much needed relaxation! :)

    <3, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Leave a comment. I dare you. I double dare you. I triple doggy dare you. HA! I also quadruple doggy dog dare you to follow me as well! (I'll love you forever and evaazz if you do!)