Sunday, January 2, 2011

HO11A FOR 2011

11 New Years resolution for 2011:
1. Stop waiting for things to happen and just go for it.
2. Think positively. Stop being a debbie downer/party poop/lame-o!
3. Remember more of my nights...a nicer way of saying that I need to drink less.
4. Keep in better contact with old friends.
5. Move more! Stop being so lazy, it's time to finally experience the runner's high.
6. Be more social in the real world. Go out and join clubs, meet new people, etc.
7. Write for something. Whether it be the daily cal, a school magazine, or an internet blog, I don't care! I just want something to get my creative juices flowing (and my brain occupied)
8. Be more responsible. We can start this rolling by going to class (especially by going to class) and getting a job (my first!)
9. To care less about what other people think about me and to let it affect me less.
10. Self. Control. Enough said.
11. Use the internet less. Shocking right!? My friends believe that having a facebook, twitter, tumblr, lookbook, and a blog is starting to take a toll on my...dare I say it...real life. So, in an attempt to please everyone (and myself, I'm friendless!) I will try to limit my internet usage.

New years eve was very low key and chill this year. Laura and I drove up to Grizzly Peak/Fish Ranch (depending on what side of the bay you're from), a very infamous "hang out" spot in Berkeley that looks into SF. It's absolutely gorgeous, breath-taking, jaw dropping, and any other cool way of saying awesome. Since it was absolutely freezing and raining, we were able to see the fireworks in the city in the comfort of our own car, score! We jammed out to jammin' (oh yeah, I went there) mixes and bumpin' my car, completely 101% sober. Yeah, it was a very different NYE than the year before. Hm uh ohh yeah, we did get into this fierce dance off in the new year with this stranger who was grinding and gyrating on my car...but that's another story.
This was my sparkly new years day outfit for a night on the town (shopping and dinner) with my mother. It's become a tradition for us to go out for sushi on the first of January. This year was different though, the chinese/japanese restaurant we tried was utterly terrible. They forgot our orders, gave us terrible service, and the food was definitely not up to par. But, keeping up with resolution #1, it was just nice to be out with my mother, I don't nearly see her enough anymore.
2010 was a fabulous year full of good friends, new friends, make ups, break ups, epic moments, ridiculous fails, and above all, amazing memories. 2011, you have huge shoes to fill and I hope you'll come through for all of us.
giraffe jacket: thrifted ($5)
white tank: f21 ($13)
sparkly skirt: thrifted ($3)
thigh high socks: f21 ($3)
steve madden wedges: macys ($20)
seahorse bag: decal swap (free!)
birdcage umbrella: berkeley hats ($15)

P.S. LOOK AT THE TITLE, WITTY HUH?! HUH? HUHH? THE 1s are Ls, CHEYAA! Yeah, I try and I'm awesome I know (Maybe being less cocky and awesome should be a resolution...nah, I'm far too cool for that, psh!)

What are your new years resolution?

12 comments:

  1. AH your list is a pleasant reminder that I should werkkk on my list of goals for the year. WILL DO. Good luck on yours. I agree with the last one; I KNOW I have to spend less time on the Internet... but once I'm on it, it's LIKE A VICIOUS CYCLE YOWWWZA.

    And btw, I LOVE your outfit. Your skirt reminds me of my semi dress, way back in grade 9 (WOAH WTFFFF TIMEEE?!). I loved it. And your umbrella? SMOKKKKIN'.

    Oh, and I scrolled ALLLL THE WAY BACK UP THIS POST to check out your title. So worth it. SO witty.

    Happy New Year gurl!
    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your skirt and jacket! I actually stopped making resolutions after I realized I never really reach any of them anyways. I just make goals as I go I guess haha

    I like resolution #9 :) I think everyone should have that as one of theirs!

    xo Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i posted some pics on my 365 project from new yearsss :) your outfit is cuteee no wonder that creeper man hit on you!

    --one corner of the Bermuda Triangle

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL your title made me laugh. It's very YOU. Hahaha. :)
    Happy New Year, dear! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely outfit!!! happy 2011^_^ xoxo from california, gabbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhahah happy 2011! And nice UMBRELLA!!

    http://fashionismyway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year!

    I looove your giraffe jacket--you look so cute!

    My resolution is to live life like an action painting, making every stroke add up to something beautiful.

    I'm following your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'll steal the idea of having 11 resolutions for 2011... it's awesome! :) I still have to prepare my list... to come sometime this week! :)
    HAPPY NEW YEAR DARLING!
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

    P.S: I’m having a 2011 Fashion tote giveaway with Chanel, MiuMiu.. etc illustrations… I thought you might be interested! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this look!! Everything is perfect, the blazer, those wedges.. Wow!! Following, I would love it if you'd follow me back!!
    xx
    Sabrina O.

    http://jardin-de-la-mode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your shoes! They are so cute. I am a huge fan of wedges..I actually just did a post on my shoes! Check it out if you care!

    xx Charlotte
    www.littlemissmagnolia.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are too much! I agree, 2010 has some HUGE shoes to fill but here's to an even more amazing 12 months to come.

    So happy to have found your blog this year, my dear! (hey that rhymes)

    Love from Amsterdam
    www.GlocalGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these resolutions, almost mine exactly. x

    http://loveisdeer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Leave a comment. I dare you. I double dare you. I triple doggy dare you. HA! I also quadruple doggy dog dare you to follow me as well! (I'll love you forever and evaazz if you do!)