Sunday, January 16, 2011

KNEE DEEP

How typical of me, it's 6:47AM on a Sunday morning and now I decide I just *MUST* blog, typical. After a month long of nothing but boring perfection, I'm back at the place I love to hate, Berkeley. It's always such a bittersweet thing trading in my nice long extended stays at home to come back to nothing but stress and work, but in the end, I love being here and I wouldn't dare have it any other way.
This is what I wore to a family dinner at Miraku in downtown Walnut Creek a couple nights before I left. When we couldn't decide between French, Italian or steak, we settled on a nice little Japanese restaurant that served slightly overpriced sushi that tasted like they had just fished it out of the ocean in their harbor and slabbed it on our table, it was that fresh.
I haven't worn a skirt that reaches past mid-thighs in...well...probably ever, so this was a real nice change for once. I realized how comfy and nice it is to be able to stand up and not have to adjust and pull and tug on your skirt because it rode up. I feel way classier and more "mature" (SCOFF, that's a funny joke in itself!) It's definitely a look I'm willing to try try try again!
As winter break comes to a quick end, we're left with the bitter after taste of semester two in our mouths like a swish of cheap vodka minus the yummy orange juice chaser. Sadly it's time to hit those books and attend those huge ass boring lectures at an ungodly 8AM once again and study our little asses (who are we kidding, all of our asses have expanded beyond beliefs!) off. Here's hoping to a more successful, more productive, and less lazy semester! Fingers crossed and crossing my heart!
striped sweater: kohls ($8)
dress worn as a skirt: tj maxx ($12)
brown bow boots: taiwan ($50)
knitted headband: gifted
stone necklace: taiwan
ditzy floral clutch: thrifted ($1.50)
leather belt: thrifted ($5)

4 comments:

  1. Typical me, up early enough to reply to blogs posted this early in the day. I absolutely love the outfit. Definitely mature/classy. Also... it is awful that I am craving sushi for breakfast now. Dangit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your outfit!!! Very cute...especially the lace up boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I freaking love your skirt. Especially high waisted and belted like that. So cute. And at least the weather here in Berkeley is nice - and not cold and rainy like I expected.

    xo Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i literally tried on that sweater today!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Leave a comment. I dare you. I double dare you. I triple doggy dare you. HA! I also quadruple doggy dog dare you to follow me as well! (I'll love you forever and evaazz if you do!)